Introduction to Basic Drug & Alcohol Awareness – 1 day Course
Thursday 9th June 2016 10am – 4pm Thursday 7th July 2016 10am – 4pm
Thursday 22nd September 2016 10am – 4pm
Thursday 17th November 10am-4pm
A basic introduction to working with adults and young people around substance misuse issues – including harm reduction, up to date substance information, skills for professionals and an introduction to Novel Psychoactive Substances.
Our Place, Longview Dr, Liverpool L36 6EG,- Free parking available.
Brief content synopsis
- Raise awareness of substance misuse in Adults and Young People
- Up to date information on effects, risks and harm reduction advice on commonly used illegal psychoactive substances (cocaine, MDMA, cannabis, ketamine etc)
- Up to date information on effects, risks and harm reduction advice on commonly used Novel Psychoactive Substances (also known as ‘Legal Highs’)
- Recognise indications of substance misuse to offer brief interventions
- When to refer into specialist drug and alcohol service
To reserve a place please complete the attached booking form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org