From 1-7 February 2021 schools, youth groups, organisations and individuals across the UK will take part in Place2Be’s Children’s Mental Health Week.
This year’s theme is Express Yourself.
Expressing yourself is about finding ways for children and young people to share feelings, thoughts, or ideas, through creativity. This could be through art, music, writing and poetry, dance and drama, photography and film, and doing activities that make them feel good. Check out the website for more inspiration and resources: https://www.childrensmentalhealthweek.org.uk/
Restrictions imposed by the Covid pandemic have raised concerns about the mental health and wellbeing of children. In response of these concerns KSCP commissioned their Young Advisors to ‘express themselves’ and create an engaging and supportive video to promote and raise awareness of the services offered within Knowsley to support positive mental health and raise awareness of the help and support available.
Here’s Lucy one of our Young Advisors to introduce the video:
Here’s the link to the video: Knowsley Child Mental Health Awareness
To support practitioners in their understanding we have organised the following 60 Minute Briefing:
The Thrive System – Supporting Emotional Mental Health and Well Being in Knowsley
11th February 2021
10am – 11am
Book a place via the Booking Portal:https://kscbtraining.knowsley.gov.uk/
The briefing will cover
• What we know about Young Peoples Emotional Health and Wellbeing- particularly during 20/21- Covid Lockdowns
• Thrive is everyone’s business
• Young People should be supported at the most appropriate level by “the system” and given the right information to enable self-support
• The Thrive Quadrants- case studies from each quadrant
• CAMHS?- Difficult to get into?
• Children’s Eating Disorders- A Perfect Storm
• Mental Health in Schools- New Initiative
• Support available in Knowsley
• Q and A
The session will be delivered by Jan Jackson (CAMHS Manager) and Lindsey Lawrence (Operational Manager) and a representative from KOOTH.
The session will be delivered during our ‘KSCP Safeguarding Children Awareness Week’ that is taking place from the 8th – 14th February. Further information about the week will be advertised via email and on our website in the next few days…