KSCP Multi-Agency Safeguarding Training Programme
Courses shown are courses that are open to all agencies. For more in depth, targeted training courses you will need to be registered on the KSCP Training Booking Portal
Only practitioners or volunteers working in the Knowsley area can access our training.
- This event has passed.
Basic Drug Awareness
9th June 2016 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
To reserve a place please complete the attached booking form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org
A basic introduction to working with adults and young people around substance misuse issues – including harm reduction, up to date substance information, skills for professionals and an introduction to Novel Psychoactive Substances.
Brief content synopsis
- Raise awareness of substance misuse in Adults and Young People
- Up to date information on effects, risks and harm reduction advice on commonly used illegal psychoactive substances (cocaine, MDMA, cannabis, ketamine etc)
- Up to date information on effects, risks and harm reduction advice on commonly used Novel Psychoactive Substances (also known as ‘Legal Highs’)
- Recognise indications of substance misuse to offer brief interventions
- When to refer into specialist drug and alcohol service