KSCP Multi-Agency Safeguarding Training Programme
Courses shown are courses that are open to all agencies. For more in depth, targeted training courses you will need to be registered on the KSCP Training Booking Portal
Only practitioners or volunteers working in the Knowsley area can access our training.
- This event has passed.
Joint Adult’s and Children’s Alerter Training
4th October 2017
Safeguarding Children & Adults
(Course code: SACBA1)
Wednesday 4th October 2017
Wednesday 28th February 2018
The Venue (formerly the Huyton Suite) – Civic Way Huyton
9.15am – 12.30pm or 1.15pm – 4.30pm
Registration opens at 9.00am for 9.30am start and at 1pm for 1.30pm start
This workshop is recommended for all staff and volunteers in all organisations providing services to adults, children and families. AftaThought Training Consultants will present case scenarios of adult/child abuse using actors. Attendees will have the opportunity to question the actors in role about their action, or lack of action, in a particular case. The workshop promotes the message that whether you work with adults or with children it is the responsibility of all individuals to recognise and report abuse. The workshop considers barriers to whistle-blowing and addresses how these can be overcome.
- To develop a core awareness of Knowsley’s Multi-Agency Safeguarding Procedures for both children and adults at risk
- To develop an awareness of what your responsibilities are when a child, young person or adult at risk discloses abuse to you
- To develop an awareness of what your responsibilities are when you are concerned that a child, young person or adult is, or may be at risk of, abuse or neglect
- To understand what you must do and what you must not do
- To understand the circumstances in which confidential information must be shared Email: Workforce.DevelopmentTeam@knowsley.gov.uk
- Please note that this course is FREE but charges may be made for non-attendance.
- Parking: Attendees should park in the long stay parking facilities which are at Club 3000 Bingo, Poplar Bank L36 9US or Levels 3-7 of the multi storey facility on Lathom Rd L36 9YB or Huyton Hey Rd L36 5SE. Please ensure that your staff are aware of this information.
- Please include your name, role, organisation, workplace address and telephone number and the name of your Manager.
- Applications to: