KSCP Multi-Agency Safeguarding Training Programme
*Due to the Covid 19 Pandemic all face to face training is currently suspended until further notice. Online training modules can be accessed via the online training tab under multi agency training. A number of core training courses have been modified to be delivered virtually. 7 minute briefings and virtual 60 minute briefings will also be produced to ensure practitioners are updated regarding safeguarding children issues.*
Forthcoming Virtual Training…
- Perplexing Presentations and Fabricated and Induced Illness in Children
- Signs of Safety
- Safer Recruitment
- Working Together to Safeguard Children
- Working Together to Safeguard Children Refresher
- Graded Care Profile 2
*All places must now be booked via the KSCP Training Booking Portal: https://kscbtraining.knowsley.gov.uk*
- Narrated Neglect Awareness Presentation
- Narrated GCP2 Awareness Presentation
These narrated sessions can be accessed on to the Neglect page under the professionals tab.
The Knowsley Safeguarding Children Partnership is committed to ensuring that a comprehensive and effective training programme is available to staff working with children, young people and families within the Knowsley area.
The KSCP develops its annual training programme based on strategic priorities identified within the business plan, needs analysis and lessons learnt via case reviews.
For 2019/21 there are a number of agreed strategic priorities which are set out in the Business Plan (2020 to 2022);
- Safeguarding and protecting children from domestic abuse
- Safeguarding and protecting children from neglect
- Safeguarding and protecting children from child exploitation
- Safeguarding and protecting the mental well-being of children.
The training programme will feature the key themes in bold and bespoke, targeted training will be on offer to targeted cohorts of staff.
The aim of the training programme is to increase participants knowledge and skills in the field of safeguarding children. This is intended to improve working relationships between agencies, to promote high quality service provision and better outcomes for children.
KSCP TRAINING BOOKING PORTAL
We have a bespoke Training Booking Portal available with an interactive training calendar embedded within it in order to speed up the booking process. Click on the following link to register:
Please click on the following for more information on how to access the Booking Portal: 7 Minute Briefing – KSCP Booking Portal.docx
For further information about KSCP multi agency training please email firstname.lastname@example.org
As well as delivering training the KSCP have a responsibility to evaluate it and measure its impact. All practitioners that access KSCP training are required to complete an online evaluation form in order to get access to their certificate.
JOINT ADULTS and CHILDRENS TRAINING
The Knowsley Safeguarding Childrens and Adults Partnership/Board’s jointly commission Aftathought to deliver Alerters Training sessions. Actors act out scenarios depicting themes that are priorities for both boards, scenarios have recently been updated to include Domestic Abuse, Child Exploitation, Institutionalised Abuse and Adults with Learning Disabilities. This is usually delivered 4 times per year, however due to the current circumstances this course is on hold. For more information and to book on contact email@example.com
Learning Improvement Framework
This framework is intended to fulfil the following objectives:
- Ensure that the KSCP fulfils its statutory obligations
- Ensure there is a culture of continuous learning and improvement
- Ensure that learning is a shared responsibility between those who commission and provide training, organisations/managers responsible for staff and the staff themselves
- Ensure that services are clear about their responsibilities, to learn from experience and improve services as a result.
Learning Agreement and Charging Policy