*All places must now be booked via the KSCP Training Booking Portal: https://kscbtraining.knowsley.gov.uk*
KSCP Multi-Agency Safeguarding Training Programme
The Knowsley Safeguarding Children Partnership is committed to ensuring that a comprehensive and effective training programme is available to staff working with children, young people and families within the Knowsley area.
The KSCP develops its annual training programme based on strategic priorities identified within the business plan, needs analysis and lessons learnt via the Learning and Improvement Framework (see info below).
For 2016-18 the following priorities have been identified:
1) Children in Knowsley are safeguarded and protected from harm, including abuse, neglect and exploitation.
2) The voices and experiences of children are fully embedded in practice and service planning.
3) Embed the learning from serious case reviews through delivery of the robust action plans, including:
3a) Early Help – with particular focus on Domestic Abuse
The training programme will heavily feature the key themes in bold and bespoke, targeted training will be on offer to targeted cohorts of staff.
The aim of the training programme is to increase participants knowledge and skills in the field of safeguarding children. This is intended to improve working relationships between agencies, to promote high quality service provision and better outcomes for children.
KSCP TRAINING BOOKING PORTAL
We now have a NEW bespoke Training Booking Portal available with an interactive training calendar embedded within it in order to speed up the booking process. Please take a look at the 7 Minute Briefing below for more information and click on the following link to register:
You can also access the online Course Calendar for forthcoming training opportunities. For further information about KSCP multi agency training please email email@example.com
As well as delivering training the KSCP have a responsibility to evaluate it and measure its impact. All practitioners that access KSCP training are required to complete an online evaluation form in order to get access to their certificate.
Please click on the following link for the 2017-18 Training and Evaluation and Report.
JOINT ADULTS and CHILDRENS TRAINING
The Knowsley Safeguarding Childrens and Adults Partnership/Board’s jointly commission Aftathought to deliver Alerters Training sessions. Actors act out scenarios depicting themes that are priorities for both boards, scenarios have recently been updated to include Domestic Abuse, Child Exploitation, Institutionalised Abuse and Adults with Learning Disabilities. This is currently delivered 4 times per year. For more information and to book on contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Learning Improvement Framework
This framework is intended to fulfil the following objectives:
- Ensure that the KSCP fulfils its statutory obligations
- Ensure there is a culture of continuous learning and improvement
- Ensure that learning is a shared responsibility between those who commission and provide training, organisations/managers responsible for staff and the staff themselves
- Ensure that services are clear about their responsibilities, to learn from experience and improve services as a result.